Food Fashion and Flow: Change of Life   

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Change of Life

Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start. I am going through an interesting time. We have all seen those funny commercials with women feverishly fanning themselves and everyone else is freezing cold. I knew something was odd about having continuous personal summers, being unable to sleep at night and suddenly waking up to a bigger a** and hips that seem to spread like pancake batter on a grill.

It was odd. Remarkably odd.

 And then he said the three words no young woman wants to hear from her doctor. "Change of Life" Genetics are a funny thing. It seems that I have a genetic link that has brought this rite of passage to me a couple of decades early. Sometimes I feel like sleeping on a blanket of ice and other times I am shivering. Life cannot be predicted. It's just funny that way. This is almost like a joke, but its not funny to me. But you've gotta learn to laugh so you don't cry. I am still working on that. I've almost got it:-)

I don't plan on wearing granny glasses on a chain around my neck  and  sensible shoes anytime soon. Has life every thrown something at you that knocked the wind out of you? I have had more of those types of experiences than I care to remember. I am in one right now.

Top: F-21, Pants: Macys (old) Shoes: BCBG, Purse: Los Angeles Fashion District





Sometimes you have to smile in spite of.

I have always loved cat eye glasses...MEOW

I love chain necklaces. This one came from an old purse

I love wedges, they are so comfortable. Do you like wedge heels?

 It is almost getting to cold to wear this top without a blazer over it, but I am not complaining. I am glad the heatwave is over.
 Have a great week!

11 comments:

Nikell said...

I love wedges. The ones you're wearing are too cute!
Keep your head up...you look fabulous in spite of (^_^)

Frannie Pantz said...

Well if anyone can have a positive attitude it's you m'dear. And for me personally one good thing to think about is no more Aunt Flo coming to town with her cramping and bloating and moodiness and ruining clothes. That would be a big plus indeed! I hope it goes well and easily for you.

I love your touch of leopard here! Great with the coral top!

Emmylou said...

I agree with the comment above. One good thing is not having Aunt Flo!
Anyhoo, I can imagine how it must've thrown you for a loop, so I hope it passes by quickly. BTW, the colour of the top really looks great on you:)

MarkD60 said...

menopause isn't good, but I like a bigger a** and hips!

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

Love the outfit! You know we as women are constantly learning how to embrace all the different changes our bodies go through. I'm sure you will handle this with nothing less than style and grace!

Kassi said...

I adore wedges, especially those, I own them too and find myself wearing them a lot. They add a bit of sass to an outfit. I love this classically chic look on you and the ameowzing cat-eye glasses :)

http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

~Jeimy~ said...

this combination is beautifuol and classic love it!

Arr said...

You are always so well put together. I love it; pure class.

Yes genetics can send us over the youthful edge but a great diet can really get it in check. So far so good for me.

Monsterchen said...

oh wooow you look so beautiful! that bold red top is amazing on you paired with those white pants!
kiss,mary
http://www.maryloucinnamon.com

angiejenkins2011 said...

Class act always. You amaze me with the way you handle every curve ball life throws at you and you manage to look fabulous while doing it. Such a positive and warm spirit about you.

Val said...

You look fantastic. I love the red top with animal print shoes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...