Food Fashion and Flow: Kind of Blue   

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kind of Blue


 Happy Tuesday! Kind of Blue is the name of a song by Miles Davis that I love. I thought it was the perfect title for this blog post since I am wearing  a vibrant blue skirt. This is truly starting off to be a great summer. I went to a party and reconnected with some old friends and I am looking forward to celebrating my birthday next Monday. 

I am just happy to be here to celebrate another birthday and living life more abundantly. It bothers me when people refer to the day they were born as just another day. It is never just another day. The day you came to be should be celebrated and you have to cherish each birthday that you are here. Right? So I am looking forward to some fun celebrations and of course I will share some of them with you:-) 

How do you feel about birthdays? Do you have any special birthday traditions?



 Black motorcycle jacket: boutique, White t-shirt: H&M, Blue Maxi Skirt: Windsor, Boots: Pour La Victoire, clutch purse: EBay

I have loved oversize hoops ever since I was in high school. Hoop earrings never go out of style and even if they did, I would probably wear them anyway
One of my favorite pairs of boots. Edgy, unique and comfortable



 Do I look mean?
 Its a new dawn, a new day and i am walking into it...

7 comments:

Emmylou said...

Advanced Happy Bday, LV:) Here's to many more! And loving that blue skirt. Vibrant for sure:D

Frannie Pantz said...

A very happy early birthday to you miss LV! I totally agree--birthdays are ALWAYS for celebrating! I hope yours is the best! You look great in blue! And the boots are awesome!

Nikell said...

I love this look! Maxi skirts are my all time favorite and blue is my favorite color. I also love those boots. They kind of remind me of steam punk.

I totally agree... birthdays are to be celebrated. I video chat with my mom and family back home and they sing happy birthday (with a cake my mom baked). Happy "Pre" Birthday!!

Covenant Grace said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy and celebrate. The outfit looks fabulous! I love those boots!

Unknown said...

That blue is beutiful on you and I love the boots! www.shoppers-therapy.com

~Jeimy~ said...

beautiful outfit love the those boots the colors are perfect!!!

Unknown said...

I love hoop earrings too, and I think they are a classic that will always be around. I used to think that with a petite face I had to wear small jewellery but after looking at photos of myself, I realize I quite like how large earrings frame my head.

I'm not a big birthday person, mostly because I find too much attention awkward. But I love what it represents for me and for my parents who held me for the first time. And nothing beats that giddy feeling you get on your birthday ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...