Food Fashion and Flow: The Serving Spoon   

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Serving Spoon



A good good country breakfast always reminds me of my childhood. Of course, back then I took my mothers homemade breakfast for granted in favor of Cap n Crunch, Trix, Froot Loops or Apple Jacks. As I got older, sugary cereals lost their appeal. Homemade buttermilk pancakes, biscuits, crispy seasoned breakfast potatoes, eggs and sausage were suddenly more appealing.  My mother made some pretty tasty breakfast spreads and my mouth waters when I think about them. This kind of eating must be done in moderation, but when the urge hits for a great breakfast, the Serving Spoon is one of my go to spots.
The Serving Spoon is one of those restaurants that is simple, but offers a very delicious breakfast. This is comfort food that will make you wonder if your mother is in the kitchen. So many delicious choices! The cinnamon waffles are to live for. The salmon croquettes are crispy and flavorful and served with fluffy scrambled eggs and perfectly seasoned breakfast potatoes. 
The biscuits are light and fluffy and the grits are perfectly buttery and creamy. When you have southern roots, grits hold a special place in your heart:-) and finding a restaurant that makes good grits is a rare find. The prices here are recession proof with most selections under $10.00. Not bad for a delicious breakfast and friendly and quick service. Tip: service is quicker during the week. If you come on Saturday or Sunday during peak breakfast hours, expect a long wait anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour.



You  gotta love a restaurant with seasoning salt next to the traditional white table salt:-)

Freshly squeezed orange juice

Hot Fragrant Coffee


Salmon Croquettes

The lightest flakiest buttermilk biscuit


Salmon Croquettes, potatoes and scrambled eggs

Turkey sausage, grits and eggs
 Do you still need convincing?

The Serving Spoon
1403 Centinela Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90302
310-412-3927

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

No more convincing needed! Everything looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this place looks amazing!! I'll have to check it out if I'm ever in LA :)

-Haylie

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Delicious. I'm a total breakfast girl.
Mom Fitness Journal | Girlie Blog Seattle

Arr said...

I am 100% sold. The breakfast looked divine.

Emmylou said...

Oh my gosh! All you food posts make me hungry, LV. That orange juice looks sooooo thirst-quenching!

Sid said...

Every picture shown looks delish! Makes me want to go out for breakfast tomorrow:-)

~Jeimy~ said...

wow awesome dishes and lovely pictures!

kt said...

you got my mouth watering....looks so good.

Unknown said...

The Serving Spoon is down the street from me! Nom! I love it! I actually just ate there Friday before I flew into Michigan.

kita said...

No I don't need anymore convincing I am flying out on the next flight lol. I love food and this looks so good.

Morgan said...

Great pictures! A southern breakfast makes me think of my grandmother too. Every time my sisters and I spent the night with her, she would always make a huge southern breakfast in the morning. I loved everything she made!

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

This food looks AMAZING!!!

Teems said...

HEAVEN!!!

Kerissa said...

Why am I about to make salmon croquette for my mom before she leaves for breakfast? My Granny taught me to make them and it was one of the last meals I made that she was able to eat and enjoy.

Umer said...

It look delicious i like your recipes i also make it your post is very informative and useful.Serving Spoons

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...