Food Fashion and Flow: Cherry Bomb   

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cherry Bomb




A fruity libation is always a perfect addition for summer entertaining. This drink is bursting with flavor and sizzles and POPs literally.  A bold cherry base and a rim of POP rocks make this an amazing drink for your July 4th celebrations.  I came up with the name "Cherry Bomb" because it is the perfect description for this drink. The flavor bursts in your mouth like a bomb!

This is a great mocktail that can be enjoyed by children and adults. You can also make this a very grown up drink by adding your favorite liquor and then you have a pretty amazing cocktail:-)

This drink was so well received at my 4th of July barbecue last year, that I thought the recipe should be reposted for those of you that may have missed it the first time around.



 Ingredients

Cherry Sorbet
Sprite or 7up
Pop Rocks 


You can serve this drink in any glass, but I thought the martini glass gave it some extra oomph:-) To make this drink, simply put a scoop of sorbet in a glass and pour sprite over it. Rim your glass with Cherry pop rocks and Voila! Cherry Bomb!



Cheers!

23 comments:

~Jeimy~ said...

WOW this pictures are amazing the drink looks awesome Happy 4th of July to you!!!

Nikell said...

This looks good! I just got a set of martini glasses and wanted to try a few different mock-tails in them. Thanks for sharing (^_^)

Unknown said...

YUM those look so freakin' good!

Here and Away said...

Oooh, I love the addition of the Pop Rocks :)


Stop by!
http://hereaway.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/XtiffanychenX

Baking Serendipity said...

I love that this is rimmed with Pop Rocks!

Baking Serendipity said...

I love that this is rimmed with Pop Rocks!

Unknown said...

Looks refreshing too bad I don't like cherries!!


Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

LV said...

@Carsedra
Hi Hun, I am sure you can substitute the berry and it will taste just as amazing!

Bonnie said...

This sounds so good! What a great way to celebrate the Fourth!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Ann Odle said...

This sounds like a lot of fun; anything with Pop Rocks has got to be, right?

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

Oh this for sure is a bomb!!

Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

Unknown said...

"Mocktail" I like that. That looks super delicious whether "adult" or not :)

Like Mousse Au Chocolat said...

Hey my dear,long time ! Im so happy to see your layout ! so beautiful ! nice post ! yes the martini glass is always elegant ! xoxo

Thriftanista in the City said...

Looks delicious and refreshing. The pop rocks rim is genius for a kids drink!

Audrey Allure said...

Looks amazing!

LA Lynn's said...

Yes ma'am... I am sooo trying this!!!! Thanks for sharing & Happy 4th of July!!!! :-)

Satin and Souffles said...

These sound & look so yummy! xx

{Satin&Souffles}

Oh to Be a Muse said...

This drink has my name in it and a great song by the Runaways, of course I love it!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty and fruity drink!

Unknown said...

I love cherry bombs, it tastes great & the picture of the drink looks good!

morganvsmorgan said...

Yum! & so easy to make, too! Perfect since I'm in love with pop rocks ;)

Channing in The City said...

HMMM this looks good :) I want to try, how cute that it uses pop rocks?!

Ashley said...

This is amazing. Great idea for get togethers or movie night with the girls.
I have so many recipes I need to write down from your blog. I started a few months ago...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...