Food Fashion and Flow: A New Day   

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A New Day

Sometimes Life is a matter of perspective. When you wake up above the ground instead of under it, you are having a good day.. Some people did not wake up, so each time you get to open your eyes, there is a chance to start brand new. A chance to get it right. I am in a new season of my life, but sometimes to get to the new, the old things that held you back have to be cut. Sometimes those old things, old thoughts, familiar people are comfortable. Sometimes people around you can be toxic or bad for you. Sometimes even though something is bad for you it feels comfortable. And then there comes a time when...

IT HAS TO GO.

Growth is painful, but if you are not growing. You are dying. I would rather stretch in areas that make me uncomfortable, rather than not reach my full potential. It's a new day and it's mine. It is a new day for you too:-)

Top: Vince Camuto, Clutch: Target, Pants: Boutique, Shoes: F-21, Cuff, Heavenly Couture, Photography: Stacey Gutierrez

I find newness and growth exciting.  These bright colors make me feel like a ray of light and in my free time I have been busy pouring into the lives of other people through ministry. I like the direction I am going.

I love a great statement necklace and they always add a little something special no matter what you are wearing. The great thing about your life and how you live it is that it will make a bold statement too and you don't have to say anything. How you live and treat people speaks pretty loud. 

Even the words you speak about a person when you think they don't hear you. If they are negative, it says more about you than you than it does about them. Negative words are death and I would rather not speak them. I prefer to say good things behind someone's back or nothing at all.

I am having a birthday in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to celebrating. I am always grateful each time I get to celebrate a birthday and completely humbled that each year so many people want to celebrate with me

This week I am linking up with these lovely ladies: Lisa La Monde  Mix Match Fashion and Beauty101byLisa
Trying my best to make every day mean something

I am loving the combination of Citron and neutral colors. Perfect combination of bold and subtle

Have an amazing day!

21 comments:

Fede said...

lovely outfit dear, i love your accessories
http://www.thechilicool.com/come-quando-lo-sport-va-di-moda/

Glenda said...

Such a wealth of wisdom in this post. Your words truly resonate with me during this season. May your upcoming birthday be a joyous one, and as always, you'll look amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of citron with the neutrals. Lovely bow on your clutch.

I'm inspired by your words. Truly, the way we treat people speaks loudly about us than them.

Joyful said...

Looking good.

Would love to hear more about the ministry. I too don't like negativity and when someone is negative to me about others I tell them not to do that or I say something good instead. I just don't have time for that kind of behavior.

Besides the scripture tells us "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8 Sometimes it is a greater challenge to follow these exhortations but it is always worth it. I'd far rather thing on these things than the alternatives.

Have a wonderful week ahead! xx

Unknown said...

Great post my dear

Cultureandtrend Magazine

Law_Fal said...

Wise words to live by.

Frannie Pantz said...

Last month my high school best friend's husband passed away unexpectedly in his sleep at the age of 35. Ever since then I have tried to, at least once per day, remember how lucky I am to be living in THIS DAY. So I really believe in being positive. I love the nude and yellow look!

Emmylou said...

What a lovely inspiring post, LV:) A great reminder for us that positivity should always be our aim.
PS Advanced Happy Bday!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love. Your accessories game is on point!

Whitney 'Nic' James said...

Lovely outfit. Love the colors and accessories! Continue to grow and walk in your season...XO!

~Whitney
www.whitneynicjames.com

Oh to Be a Muse said...

The bag, the shoes, the necklace -- girl, you're killing it!

www.ohtobeamuse.com

Stella Cadente said...

I love this color on you! And I love your bag!

xx
Lauren Elizabeth
Petite in Pearls

Unknown said...

Love your accessories, those shoes are to die for!
XO JNESS
jenessasheffield

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the color combo

www.thefashionfraction.com

Esmeralda said...

Love your shoes!
Kiss
Don't Call Me Fashion BloggerFacebookBloglovin'

Brigita said...

I just LOVE the intro of this post, couldn't agree more!

Brigita
http://www.lostinpattern.com/

Tara | The Mix said...

Totally in love with the color of your top!

Unknown said...

Great outfit!!!



Carsedra:
www.embracingtherealme.com

beauty101bylisa said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!!! Love how you styled your outfit XO! Thank you so much for sharing with #LINKUPWITHLISA @ http://www.beauty101bylisa.com/2015/06/linkupwithlisa-22-summer-thrifting-finds.html

Unknown said...

You are such a good looking lady, You look a lot like Marjorie Harvey in these photos.
Myveryownpen.blogspot.com

R1se Hluoluo said...

Untuk kamu yang pengin hiking dengan tingkat kesusahan benar-benar gampang, Tsing Yi ini pas untukmu. Jalan setapak sejauh empat km ini akan membawamu menyaksikan bermacam panorama. Dimulai dari jembatan, dataran, https://lokaltripguide.com/ sampai perairan yang melingkari Pulau Tsing Yi.

Tidak perlu takut kecapekan, Tsing Yi sediakan banyak tempat duduk di sejauh lajur pendakian untuk istirahat. Pendakian yang cuman perlu waktu dua jam ini tawarkan bermacam bunga dengan beberapa warna yang cantik hingga rasa capek waktu mendaki jadi raib saat itu juga.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...