Food Fashion and Flow: Grilled Shrimp Po Boys   

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Grilled Shrimp Po Boys

Have you ever had shrimp a po boy? If you haven't, you are surely missing out. I experienced my first po boy in New Orleans and it was love at first bite. My love for shrimp knows my bounds and this sandwich hits the spot perfectly. If you love shrimp, this is the recipe for you!
Traditionally, the shrimp is fried and piled high on buttery toasted baguettes with a flavorful aioli and either lettuce and tomatoes or a spicy slaw. I have recreated the traditional po boy into a healthier alternative by grilling the shrimp, rather than frying it. A spicy aioli sauce is the perfect finishing touch.

Start with medium shrimp, peel and devein

Make sure you make your baguettes with the freshest baguette you can find. Great bread and fresh shrimp is what makes a great po boy

Ingredients

Bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water 15-30 minutes
1 pound medium shrimp cleaned and deveined
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon creole seasoning
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 lemon juiced
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 french baguettes slice lengthwise in half
Shredded romaine lettuce
2 small tomatoes sliced thinly
For the spicy aioli
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 -2 teaspoons siracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
Directions: 
Place 4-5 shrimp on each skewer. Combine oil, seasonings, lemon and hot sauce. Mix well and pour over shrimp. Let the shrimp marinate for 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat and grill shrimp 4-5 minutes. Flip once and cook on each side a little over 2 minutes.
Add the sliced baguette to the grill. You can spread the baguette with a light layer of butter for more flavor, or cook on grill dry to toast the baguette.
 Remove shrimp from skewer, spread baguette with spicy aioli or serve on the side. Add lettuce and tomatoes and pile the baguettes high with shrimp. Now take a bit bite.

Repeat

So good

Bon Appetit!


9 comments:

MarkD60 said...

And the sauce to glue it all together! Looks and sounds fantastic!

Dre said...

I've written down some shrimp po' boy recipes as it's on my list of new recipes to try this summer. Yours looks so delicious that I just have to try this one! I almost want to pull this baby from my computer screen and devour! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh to Be a Muse said...

So I've really been into seafood lately. But I'm trying to cut down on carbs, so I think I would have this without the bread or in some sort of sushi wrap. Either way, looks yummy.

Beauty said...

This looks super delicious! Lovely pictures too.

Unknown said...

The recipe and pics are making my mouth water! Great post :) I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!

StylizedLuxe
Instagram

xo Jess

Jadore-Fashion said...

That looks so yummy even though I am not a seafood person, but I will have that :)

xoxo
Stella

Rebecca said...

Wow LV....you always make my mouth water with all your recipes!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy said...

New Orleans does have the best Po Boys. I'm so looking forward to hitting up my favorite spot there next month.

Unknown said...

How did I miss this recipe, looks delicious!!!!



Carsedra McKoy:
www.embracingtherealme.com
http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...