Food Fashion and Flow: Urth Cafe (LV's LA)   

Friday, May 2, 2014

Urth Cafe (LV's LA)

The Urth Cafe is one of the most popular casual eateries in Los Angeles. I have known about it for years, but had never tried it. For the past year a friend and I kept making plans to go and we could never sync up our schedules and then serendipitously another friend invited me out for lunch at Urth Cafe and I finally got to see what my other friends were raving about.

I love this place! Now me and my friends are regular fixtures here. Everything is organic and they have the best green tea and Spanish Lattes. This is definitely a hipster joint. Very Los Angeles and a great spot for people watching. One of my favorite locations is the one in the Arts District in downtown Los Angeles. We tend to bounce between this one and the different locations depending on what mood we are in.

The quiche here is absolutely delicious and they also make some pretty yummy pizzas including a breakfast pizza that is pretty tasty. I  love to enjoy it with a honey vanilla latte.

The cilantro pesto chicken sandwich is full of great flavor and comes with a nice side salad of mixed greens in a light balsamic vinaigrette

Doesn't that look delicious?

 Almost everything on the menu is pretty healthy and even a turkey burger gets served with a side salad

 As delicious as the latte's are, this mango smoothie really hits the spot on a hot day. It was cold, refreshing and delicious

Although this is a healthy restaurant, the dessert case will make you want to indulge. There are lots of options including gluten free. I have loved everything I have tried.

Every location gets very crowded and the downtown location seems to be a spot where police officers love to dine. The downtown locations feels a little like New York

I really have a thing for Spanish Lattes and they always hit the spot. If you have never had one, you are truly missing out.


The green tea Tiramisu (matcha) is delicious and a nice change from the traditional version. If you enjoy Tiramisu this is a great dessert to try when you are here. If Tiramisu is not your thing, I promise there is plenty of other treats to satisfy your sugar fix.

This berry tart was scrumptious and the fruit was juicy and sweet, although my favorite part was the filling and the crust. Delicious!

The pastries are always so good with a great cup of coffee or one of their many lattes. Go ahead have anything you want, I promise I won't judge you

It gets crowded very fast, so it is always best to come early when they first open or non peak hours if you want to get a great seat.

Urth Cafe 
451 S. Hewitt Street
Los Angeles, CA
213-797-4534 

8565 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA
310-659-0628

5 comments:

Emmylou said...

Oh my gosh! That green tea tiramisu....drooling....
Have heard so much about Urth Cafe....now, I know why.:)
Have a great weekend, LV.

Arr said...

You vista the most amazing cafes. I really enjoy these posts. :)

Glenda said...

Yum, I recall seeing this place while driving around L.A. Definitely a place to go with girlfriends, my hubby and sons would say,where is the real food

It’s Mimi’s Spot said...

I wish I was living in LA now, I would love to visit that restaurant

Rebecca said...

Oh my....Urth downtown LA is my absolute fave! I love everything on their menu!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...