Key Lime pie is one of those desserts that screams SUMMER, but it is so refreshing and delicious, it would be a shame to only indulge in this for one season. These parfaits have the scrumptious taste of Key Lime Pie, but have the beautiful presentation of a parfait.
And the dessert is so simple, you will have a great dessert with very little fuss. I love to eat this in my backyard with my feet up while I relax and watch butterflies having fun:-) In the winter, enjoy this and smile when you think of what a great summer you had. For a great touch for entertaining, try serving these in shot glasses with mini spoons.
A gratuitous whipped cream shot. There is nothing quite like homemade whipped cream.
Are you convinced?
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract