There are desserts. And there are DESSERTS! This praline cheesecake will make chocolate lovers cheat with caramel. Sweet, gooey, smooth and creamy. This is one of those desserts you have to eat out loud. It is so good that you will ooh and aah and lick your fork and if you are like me, you will shamelessly lick the plate when you are done.
I love to serve this cheesecake with a side of roasted pecans with sea salt. It is an amazing accompaniment and will tickle your taste buds. The cheesecake is amazing on its own, but I love to make homemade whipped cream to really put this over the top. And in case you need more convincing I will let the photos speak for themselves. Try not to lick the computer screen. Okay?
Imagine sticking your fork in this amazing cheesecake and watching a sea of caramel ooze out. As if that wasn't enough, the cheesecake is nestled next to a puddle of caramel.
A cloud of homemade sweet whipped cream...
Don't you want this in your mouth?
Pecans and sea salt on the side
Put it all together and you have sheer deliciousness. Ready to make this? I promise this will take you to a level of decadence you wont want to come back from:-)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon white sugar and 1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Smuckers caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar until well combined. Press into the bottom of the prepared springform pan, and 1 inch up the sides. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, then remove to cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup of sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream, espresso and vanilla. Pour batter into the baked and cooled crust.
- Pour approximately 1 cup to 1 cup and a half of cheesecake batter. Enough to cover the crust. Bake this layer for about ten minutes, when the batter is slightly set. Pour a half cup of caramel over the batter. Pour the remaining cheesecake batter on top of the caramel
- Bake cheesecake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes; then turn the oven off, partially open the door and allow the cheesecake to rest for 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven, and run a knife around the edges. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack to room temperature, then cover the springform pan with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
Drizzle caramel over the top of cheesecake and sprinkle with praline crumble.
To Make Praline crumble:
Put a half cup of pecans in food chopper and pulse until finely chopped. Put into small bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Bake in oven 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla