Food Fashion and Flow: Blog Awards and Blog Love!   

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blog Awards and Blog Love!



I am so thrilled that I recently received a variety of blog awards! I would like to personally thank Heel in Mint for the Sunshine Award and Stylish Blogger Award, I would also like to thank Precious of Joie De Vie for the Sunshine Award, One Lovely Blog Award and Versatile Blog Award, and Miss Dre of So She Writes for the Best Blog Award. Thank you to these amazing bloggers, I am so honored!!!!!!! If you recently gave me an award and I forgot to mention you, charge it to my head and not my heart....

Ok, and now the fun part! You get to learn lots of random facts about me:-) Because there are several awards and some overlap, I will present as many facts as possible and hopefully won't bore you.

The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blogging world. The Sunshine Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way to spread the love.


Rules:

  • Thank the person who gave you the award
  • Write a post about it
  • Answer the questions below
  • Pass it on to ten other bloggers


Favorites

  • Favorite color: bold vibrant colors like pink, orange, purple, green turquoise.
  • Favorite animal: Dogs
  • Favorite number: 7
  • What perfume am I using right now? eternity
  • Something you always wear with you and identifies you: Hoop Earrings
  • What’s your passion? Food, Fashion, Music and Writing
  • Getting or giving presents? Both!
  • What was the last eyeshadow you used? Texture by MAC
  • Favorite day of the week: Saturday
  • Are your nails painted right now? Yes. Hot Pink!

And now I pass this award to:









And now the Best Blog Award

7 Thoughts of Randomness 



  1. I love ballroom dancing
  2. I am afraid of bees and run from them
  3. I like Dr. Pepper mixed with rootbeer
  4. When I need a pick me up I watch old movies like Gidget with Sandra Dee (life was so simple and innocent back then)
  5. I lick my plate if I am eating something really good (I only do that in private…LOL)
  6. I suck spiders up with the vacuum cleaner
  7. I love to travel
  8. I like kiddie cereals like Trix, Frootloops and Apple Jacks

And now I pass the torch for Best Blog award to....


According to award rules for the stylish blogger award, I must tell you seven things about me, complete a “My Favorites” list and nominate seven other blogs.  Since my favorites were covered above under the Sunshine Blog Award, I have included seven more random facts.



7 more thoughts of randomness



  1. I am moved by artists who tell it like it is and sing from a real place such as Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Anthony David, Alannis Morrisette, Curt Cobain, Marvin Gaye.....
  2. I love people who are real
  3. Caribbean food is one of my favorites
  4. Learning to sail, fly a helicopter and taking my son on a fun trip abroad is on my list of things to do
  5. I have learned more from my mistakes and failures than my successes
  6. Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies
  7. I love yellow cake with chocolate frosting
  And now I award the Stylish Blogger Award to:


4Lexi
Like Mousse A Coco
J Adore Fashion
A Second Glance
Style Journey
A Fashionable Flaw

Photobucket

20 comments:

Shasie said...

Wow girl!! Look at you! Congrats on all of your awards. I loved reading the facts!! Thank you so much for the Sunshine award!

Shasie of Live Life in Style
Wrinkle In Time Vintage Giveaway

LA Lynn's said...

Wow... I am estatic!!!! Thank youuuu so much for the Best Blog award that has made my NIGHT to know that I am thought of. Also, it is so good to know more about you I am literally LOL & smiling at them!!!! :))

~Speaking of Fruit Loops... I just updated my blog with that as my POST Title.

LA Lynn's said...

BTW, Congrats on ALL your AWARDS you TOTALLY deserve it!!!! *MUAH*

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the awards! Loved reading this post and learning more about you. You totally deserve it! :)

xx
Heel in Mint

♛ FWB said...

We're hosting a chatroom tomorrow at 8pm eastern and we'd love to see you there because you have such an amazing voice. Our last one was a HUGE success and we were able to meet tons of new people because everyone repped their blogs & twitter names for the final 30 minutes! Hope to see you there! You'll be sure to have a blast!! =]

Kimberly, FWB

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

Thank you so much for the award. I am totally paranoid about bee's too and I also looove watching old movies.
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all your awards! Very deserving!! Loved reading all about you. I,too,love yellow cake with chocolate frosting. :)
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the Sunshine Award.It means a lot that you thought of me. I send a big hug to you! And a piece of virtual yellow cake with frosting!!!
Thank you again for quite a special honor from a special lady.
Always,
Diane

Madeline Quaint said...

Congrats on all the awards, you deserve them! :)

And thank you so much for giving me one, it's such a cute little drawing! Thank you! :)
I'm terrible at posting tags, like listing random things about myself, but I'll try to do it this time. :D Thank you again!

dimitri said...

Congratulations on all your awards.
It's very interesting.

Style Chic 360 said...

Congrats on your awards!

We have a few things in common!
I also like kiddie cereals too, capn crunch is my fave.

Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies too!

I also vacuum up the spiders!

Thank you so much for my award! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you, that's very nice! I've never tried Dr. Pepper mixed with root beer but I'll have to give it a shot.

http://asecondglanceblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards. Well deserved!

Artfully Awear said...

Thank you so much for the award! I will be sure to thank you on my next post.

btw~I LOVE Erykah Badu also! xx

Tamaraxo said...

I just wanted to say congrats on all your awards and Thanks for the Stylish Blogger Award! This is my first so it means a lot thank you.

I'm about to travel but will post about the award when I get back! (or schedule it if I have time, I still haven't packed lol)

Loves,
Tamaraxo

Dre said...

Congrats LV!!!!!!!! U deserved them all, doll!

Like Mousse Au Chocolat said...

wow honey, congrats :D and thank you a lot for given me again an award !!! you are great! Beautiful woman,kisssssssssssss

Like Mousse Au Chocolat said...

I put you know to my blogroll !! kisssssssss

Catina said...

Congrats mama!!!! You deserve this and so
much more.....the devil is a lie!

Unknown said...

Congratulations DOLL and all you very well deserved Blog Awards!!! And congrats to those getting them too.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Chrissy said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for the mention. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...